UPAW Monthly Report
We carry on working for the sake of animals’ welfare in Ukraine!
It’s been a month since the beginning of the renewed work of UPAW. It hasn’t been easy but we carry on working insistently and we’re ready to share the results.
During the month of work, UPAW team managed to:
1. start the veterinary mobile clinic. During the 4.5 days of the "Save country" pilot project, 148 animals were sterilized, vaccinated against rabies and identified in Kharkiv and liberated from occupation regions (Cherkaski Tyshky and Ruski Tyshky villages).
2. help the shelters of Ukraine. 5.5 tons of pet food were supplied to the Sirius shelter and 5.6 tons - to the animal shelter in Gostomel. A number of leashes, cat litter trays and fillers, ammunition were also supplied. 4300 animals were fed.
3. help animals in Kherson. 5.6 tons of pet food and 200 liters of water were given to the coordinator in Kherson for distributing to those in need.
4. take care of animals' health. 300 pills of "Profender", "Simparika" were supplied to protect animals of Kharkiv region from parasites.
5. received 423 requests for help for 6325 animals. 75% of requests for pet food, 8% - for medicines against parasites, 4% - for sterilization, 14% - other needs.
6. received 40 tons of pet food aid, the vehicle - the mobile vet clinic and 300 kg of vet medicines and consumables to ensure the operation of the mobile clinic.